28 Jan FAMILY DAY WEEKEND 2022
Dates: Saturday, February 19 – Sunday, February 20, 2022
Celebrate this Family Day Weekend with engaging Indigenous experiences at the SLCC. Experience the spirit of the Skw̲xw̲ú7mesh and Lílw̓at7úl through heartwarming performances, tours, songs, storytelling, and crafts for the whole family. Enjoy family lunch in the Thunderbird Cafe and browse the Gallery and Gift Shop.
We are pleased to be offering our Craft Workshops as a Free Activity for Family Day Weekend. We are grateful to be supported by the Province of British Columbia. Registration is required due to limited capacity. These workshops are now full and we thank everyone for their interest.
Show your support by purchasing an Annual Family Membership to connect with us throughout the year. Purchase between February 1-21 to receive a 20% discount in recognition and appreciation for your ongoing support to share in meaningful experiences with us, and uplift our distinct Skw̲xw̲ú7mesh and Lílw̓at7úl ways.
- Free Admission for Youth and Children (18 and Under) with a paying Adult
- 20% off Annual Family Membership of $60, regularly $75. Purchase here, and enter coupon “SLCCFamily” at checkout. Available February 1 – 21, 2022. Early renewals accepted.
- Membership benefits include 20% savings in the SLCC Gift Shop and 15% savings in the Thunderbird Café, and half-price admission for guests joining you.
- *Free Family Day Weekend Activity – Craft Workshops. Made possible thanks to the support of the B.C. government. Capacity is limited, registration is required. These Craft Workshops are now full and we thank everyone for your interest. Learn more at slcc.ca/events
- **Closed Family Day Monday, February 21st – Family Day will be honoured by allowing Cultural Ambassadors time with their families in their home communities.
Heather A StackPosted at 13:40h, 11 February
Do we need to reserve a spot for the day?
Nadija VeachPosted at 18:39h, 14 February
Hi Heather, thank you for reaching out. No need to reserve a spot for the day, you can just join us on the day. Craft Workshop registration is full, however there will be activities for young ones available in the Great Hall. Please feel free to connect further if you have any other questions.
Pingback:Year 2022 in ReviewPosted at 10:28h, 01 February
[…] February we celebrated Family Day Weekend with engaging Indigenous experiences at the SLCC. Showcasing the spirit of the Skw̲xw̲ú7mesh […]